Coming out of the Black Hills we saw the Flinstone Village. I loved this place as a child. Seeing the park brought back so many memories of getting up early Saturday mornings to watch the Flinstones! I was so excited to go again and take my kids. I had to convince Mike that we did have an hour to go to the park, and he finally gave in. We unloaded the kids, went to buy tickets and found the doors were locked. The park had closed 5 MINUTES Earlier! What! Who closes a tourist attraction at 5 pm in the Summertime! I was so Sad. No one else was though! The kids have no idea who they were, or what they were missing. We did take some photos and rode the "Quarter" rides for 45 minutes. My kids had a blast, due to that we always say No to the rides outside the grocery stores.

Mount Rushmore was Amazing and Magestic! I love watching how these great tasks were accomplished without the technology we have today. What a mark of what our Country stands for. I hope and pray these amazing Men's ideals do not get lost in today's new thinking.
Jaden said he did not care about History. I am sure when he actually learns about it in school he will be glad to tell everyone he has been there.
The Kids loved the museum where they got to pretend to explode the dynamite and carve the faces out of the mountain.
It was an enjoyable end to a great trip out West....Home!






No comments:
Post a Comment