Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WRITING, WRITING AND MORE WRITING

Jaden is a very cleaver boy.... and does not like writers workshop at school. He will only write one sentence. Coming up with the idea, I think, is very overwhelming, as he writes very well. We are trying to work with him to write a whole page, and to come up with ideas. It has been very frustrating for him and his parents. But even after our many inspiring talks ha, ha, he brought this paper home....


I laughed, after he left the room from my lecture of course. Like I said, he is very creative and cleaver. He has great one liners..

He did inform me that we had not done any resoulutions. Which was true, we never talked with the children about resolutions this year. But the work had to be finished. It took him four hours to finish both sides, mainly because he cried about it for 3 hours, and then realized we were not changing our minds. Once he gets over the worry he is fine. My question out there is.... how do you help inspire children to do the things they find hard. We are stuck. He won't budge as of yet.

2 comments:

meredith said...

How do you inspire anyone to do something they don't want to? I'm still behind on so much house work it's crazy.
Here, Shawn, (who has a ton more patience than I do) will often sit down w/ whoever has the assignment and talk it out together. They'll talk about ideas of the assignment, take notes and walk them through the process. Ususally that helps, but we have one who often "forgets" assignments at school.

OUR HOUSE said...

Well you just let me know when you figure out the answer to that one:) I'm glad you posted a picture of his paper - that is just too funny!