Monday, July 21, 2008

PALMYRA, NEW YORK


Our family had the chance to spend two days in Palmyra visiting the historical sites of our church; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The children loved seeing all of the places they learn about in our morning scripture study, and Family Home Evenings. I enjoyed having my belief in these teachings strengthened by visiting these sacred places. I am thankful for the pioneers who believed and endured persecution so that I might have the truth.


Joseph Smith Home

Room where the angel Moroni visited Joseph to tell him about the plates of ancient writings.



Original fireplace where Joseph Smith hide the plates from the mob.


The Sacred Grove






In the spring of 1820 Joseph Smith entered this grove to pray to know what church to join. In Answer to his prayer he was visited by God the Father, and Jesus Christ his Son and given an answer to his prayer.

As our family walked through the grove I felt the spirit of God and I continue to know that these events took place. I know God will lead us to truth, and He answers my prayers.
We also played the quiet game with the kids and sang some primary songs to help them to feel the spirit and come to their own knowledge that this took place and is true.




The Hill Cumorah


The site where Joseph visited with the angel Moroni to receive the golden plates for translation. Today these words are found in the Book of Mormon.

The Old Grandin Building

Print shop where the Book of Mormon was published.


Peter Whitmer Farm






Home where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was orgainzed on April 6, 1830.

I am so grateful to be a member of this Church and how the teachings of the Savior help me in my life.

No comments: