It is only the first week of February and we have experienced a few adventures.
We had a blizzard last night with predicted snow of 18 + inches of snow and wind at 45 + miles per hour. They were instructing everyone to stay home.
So....Monday, the school called for me to pick up Jaden for sickness, and Mike was going to stay over night in Wisconsin to keep from driving home in the blizzard. My mind began thinking... sick kids, no husband... I better get to the store and stock up on medicene. It was an interesting sight to see ALL the people at the store buying food and getting ready. The lady in front of me in line had two packs of pepsi and gloves.... The necessities in life! I bought two weeks of food, almost normal for a trip to the store for me. I could invision lots of snow and a house of sick kids. I would probably not be out of the house for awhile.
When I returned from the store Tyler was feeling sick and threw up all over the floor. Huge mess! Jaden at the same time was yelling for me... Threw up. Luckily he being older it was in a bowl. So much nicer to clean up. So that night I only had four hours of sleep, as Tyler was so sick through the night. Poor guy.
Tuesday morning I went to the Library before the predicted blizzard was to begin. The snow had begun to fall. I picked out many books on tape and movies for me and the children. My plan of action in case I became sick also.
At home again I returned a call to Mike. As I was talking to him I turned around and saw him standing there in the house. I jumped. My mind recognizing him, but wondering why he was standing there. He was on the phone right then and I thought he was at work. That freaked me out. He had decided to come home to work and not stay over night to be here during the blizzard. I liked this, especially if I became sick.
By 3 pm it was beginning to blow and become hard to see. I was just waiting for my little girl to get home from school to know we were all safe. Then bring on the storm!
It came and it was incredible! I have never seen anything like it. We watched "wind tornados" in the snow and watched the drifts pile up around us. It was completely white out conditions and very dangerous. I never felt scared mostly due to the power never going out and we did not need to leave anywhere.
So we all cuddled up and watched movies.
Here is the outcome in the morning!
Our "used" snow blower was broken... Good timing. So Mike and I began to dig us out of the 3 foot snow drift in the driveway. This literally would take us hours, and Mike is sick too. All of the sudden a blessing came driving by. A truck with a snow plow, only charging $20. The best $20 spent!
So in ten minutes we had a clear driveway and two huge piles on each side of the driveway! What a blessing!
This was the 3rd largest storm in Illinois History!
Jaden, Tyler and now Jill are sick. They are sad to miss playing in the snow. We have had movie day as they are too sick to move. I feel so bad for them. So far Tate and I are sick free. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
We have another snow day tomorrow due to the freezing cold temperatures predicted for tomorrow.
What a week. I can't wait to go play on the hills and make forts with the kids.
Mike dug a tunnel for the kids tonight out of the snow he had to dig from the side of the house. (There is a crack in the wall somewhere and our game room flooded last winter/spring when the snow melted, so now we have to shovel our grass too! Crazy!
Winter adventures!
This blog is for my few readers/friends, if any and mainly for my scrap book, so if you read all of this good job. I usually write little. I need to journal more thoughts.
Happy Winter....
Oh, one thought the kids and I were talking about... I was so grateful to know that if a weather reporter was not able to inform us of a storm, our family would still be prepared, as we have a prophet who has taught us how to be prepared and we have followed him! We have food and water and would have been ready. What a wonderul secure feeling to have a Prophet of God on the earth to lead us in these times.





4 comments:
That is crazy Aleath, I am glad all of you are safe. I hope the sickness go away soon. That is no fun.
Those pictures are amazing, my sister sent me some pretty good ones too. They didn't have a lucky truck/plow come by so my poor brother-in-law shoveled for 4 hours yesterday morning. You guys are lucky, we have no snow on the valley floor.
I hope you all feel better soon. We wish we could play in the snow together! Love you!
WOW Aleath - those are some killer snow drifts!!!! It's pictures like that that remind me of my childhood in the midwest - i bet you can't wait until Spring!!!
Post a Comment